Uniform at Heath
The school has a clear uniform policy and all children are expected to adhere to this. We have tried to make it as smart, comfortable and inexpensive as possible. All uniform and PE items, coats, shoes and bags need to be clearly labelled to ensure that the children’s belongings do not get mixed up or lost.
Our PFA hold regular sales of second hand and affordable uniform. Details are advertised on the notice board / Parentmail and Heath Facebook page.
- Grey or black skirt or pinafore dress (all around knee length)
- Long grey or black school trousers – no tight fitting trousers, leggings or tracksuit bottoms
- Grey or black shorts, culottes or skort (all round knee length)
- Red and white checked dress (around knee length) - black cycling shorts may be worn underneath
- School branded sweatshirt or cardigan or any plain burgundy sweatshirt or cardigan
- White blouse or shirt, long or short sleeves
- White or burgundy polo shirt
- Plain black, white, grey or burgundy socks or tights – no trainer socks
Children should wear black school shoes with flat black soles - no coloured logos or patterns. On wet or snowy days, children are allowed to bring a pair of wellington/waterproof boots to school as well as their normal school shoes.
Hair and Accessories
Children may wear a discrete, plain simple head band or hair bands and clips to keep their hair back. Children need to tie long hair back for PE lessons. Children's hair should always be a natural colour. Children are not allowed to wear make-up or nail varnish. Children may wear a plain simple watch - no smart watches. Stud earrings are the only jewellery permitted in school - these will need to be taken out or covered up for PE lessons. Children will be informed of when they may be able to wear other accessories; this will be for special occasions, such as Remembrance Day.
The following items need to be kept in a named PE bag: House T-shirt/plain T-shirt in the appropriate house colour House or plain sweatshirt for outdoor PE in cold weather Black shorts or skort Black tracksuit bottoms or leggings for outdoor PE in cold weather Black or white 'slip on' plimsolls (laced when in Upper Unit if preferred) Trainers for outdoor PE in Years 1-6
At some point during their time in Year 5, children will need a separate swimming kit that contains a one piece swimming costume/trunks, a swimming hat and a towel.