The pastoral support team is led by Mrs Sue Grubb, our Pastoral Care Manager and Senior Deisgnated Safeguarding Lead. Her main responsibilities are ensuring support is in place for the safety, well-being and inclusion needs of our pupils. Her work is supported by many staff, particularly our Emotional Literacy Support Assistants, Mrs Gaunt and Mrs McTernan, and our Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator, Mrs Lucking.
The Pastoral Support Team includes:
- Mrs Gaunt and Mrs McTernan, Emotional Literacy Teaching Assistants
- Mrs Annis, attendance supervisor, who also forms part of the office team
- Mr Atkinson, teaching assistant with particular responsibility for overseeing the outdoor environment.
Our aim is to:
- Provide an environment which will support the emotional health and well-being of all the pupils.
- Support children in developing social, emotional and behavioural skills within the school setting.
- Support and empower families who may be experiencing difficulties.
- Promote relationships and interactivity between parents and school, raising parental awareness of learning, the importance of education and regular attendance at school.
- Meet with parents to discuss and defuse any barriers that prevent pupils from being able to attend school.
- Providing individual and small group support for children.
- Helping to develop children’s social, emotional and behavioural skills.
If you have a worry or concern about your child's learning, emotional well-being or social interaction, please contact Mrs Grubb or a member of her team to discuss these further. Where there is a need, that cannot be accessed within or by school, advice and sign posting can be given to agencies and services, who will be able to provide you with support.
We ask that parents support school by communicating any difficulties their child may be experiencing; without information, we are not able to address the issue.
Pastoral Care Manager
As well as supporting the above, our pastoral team has links with agencies and other professionals to address the needs of our school and local community. These include Children and Young People Services, Health, Police, Housing, Debt and Legal Advice.
Mrs Grubb has many years’ experience. Remember no problem ever is too small when it involves your child and their overall achievement at school.