Enterprise at Heath Primary School
Enterprise is a key component of the curriculum at Heath Primary School. In recent years, as part of the yearly 'Enterprise Project', the Year Six children have worked with a variety of local companies, including Stokes Sauces, Dingley Dell Farms and Metcalfe's Skinny Popcorn.
The companies provide a design brief for the children, who research and develop a new product in mini companies that they have formed. The children market and sell their product with the aim of making a profit.
Our Enterprise Project aims:
- To harness the expertise of local companies and organisations and provide the children the opportunity to learn from people working within the world of business.
- To develop core skills such as team work, communication and problem solving.
- To instil resilience from an early age by challenging children to work outside of their normal parameters.
- To introduce the concept of financial numeracy by developing an understanding of finance, budgeting and the importance of money.
- To provide a real life context for skills learnt in other areas of the school's curriculum.
Entrepreneurial spirit also runs throughout the school. The school garden is funded by the money raised from the children selling eggs and produce from the garden, the pupils run the school book fair each year and the children organise raffles to contribute towards good causes.